07 October, 2006

...and I quote...

I love quotes. These are some that manage to stick with you...
-
"Yes, ma'am - I am drunk. But in the morning, I'll be sober and you'll still be ugly." -W.C. Fields
-
"Some are born greaat, others achieve greatness, others have greatness thrust upon them." -William Shakespeare in Twelfth Night
-
"Ignornace more commonly begots confidence than intelligence." -Charles Darwin
-
"It must of really been worth hearing about if it was too awful to mention." -Olive Anne Burns in Cold Sassy Tree
-
"Without music, life would be a mistake." -Freidrich Nietzche
-
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today; it's already tomorrow in Australia." -Charles Schultz
-
"When they give you ruled paper, write the other way." -Juan Ramon Jimenez
-
"No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is not try." -Yoda in Star Wars by George Lucas
-
"Don't be so humble, you're not that great." -Golda Mier
-
"My one regret in life is that I'm not somebody else." -Woody Allen
-
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." -Mark Twain
-
"The world is but a canvas to our imaginations." -Henry David Thoreau
-
"Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you got." -Garth Brooks
-
"Give me a museum and I'll fill it." -Pablo Picasso
-
"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted." -John Lennon
-
"Feminism is a way for ugly women to get into the mainstream of America." -Rush Limbaugh
-
If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C. Fields
-
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than to be crowded on a velvet cushion." -Henry David Thoreau
-
"The cup of life is for him that drinks, not for him that sips." -Robert Louis Stevenson
-
"
In three words I can sum up everything about life: it goes on." -Robert Frost
-
"Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same." -George Bernard Shaw
-
"To be positive: to be mistaken at the top of one's voice." -Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
-
"We know what we are, but we know not what we may be." -William Shakespeare, Hamlet
-
"Someday we'll look back on this moment and plow into a parked car." -Evan Davis
-
"Get your facts first. Ten you can distort them as much as you please." -Mark Twain
-
"It was wonderful to find America, but it would have been more wonderful to miss it." -Mark Twain
-
"I gloat! Hear me gloat!" -Rudyard Kipling
-
A sufficient start...but not even the beginning of all of them that I have.

No comments: