05 April, 2007

Exciting News

I've known this news for a few weeks now, but it's still exciting nonetheless.

I get to go to Scotland! And England!

-

We're not going for over another year, but that's all the more time to save my money so that I can buy a lot of plaid things. [I'm kidding...kind of.] So anyway, the thing that really prompted me to post this [it's horribly out-of-character for me to post about myself] was that Google Earth is like the coolest thing ever. Due to my abnormal fascinations with geography combined with those of England/Scotland, I took some screen shots of some cool places I'll get to see. Here they are from the air:

-

[Below] Stonehenge from nearly 5000 ft.

-

[below] Downtown Glasgow from 22,000 ft.

-


-

[below] The London Eye from 561 ft.

-

-

So...there you have it. Hopefully we'll be able to see all of those things, but there's so much to see and so little time!

-

I'll just note that the pictures are all Copyright Google...just as to ward off any freak-outage (not that I'd expect any).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOO! You can not possible know how much I envy you. There was an episode of Hustle where some con artists convinced a guy he bought "the eye". I let you imagine what happened when he went to go claim it.

maggini in tweed said...

Very nice...I thought that the pictures were rather nice...and I can't WAIT.