17 September, 2006

superflous!

This came from a job interview help site and it was talking about how you shouldn't use too many big words to try to seem smart during an interview.
-
I like big words. [That sentence did not include any...]
-
Here it is:
Next time, in promulgating your esoteric cogitations, or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable, philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous ponderosity. Let your conversational communications possess a clarified conciseness, a compacted comprehensibleness, coalescent consistency, and a concatenated cogency. Eschew all conglomerations of flatulent garrulity, jejune babblement, and asinine affectations.
Let your extemporaneous descantings and unpremeditated expatiations have intelligibility and veracious vivacity, without rodomontade or thrasonical bombast. Sedulously avoid all polysyllabic profundity, pompous prolixity, psittaceous vacuity ventriloquial verbosity, and vaniloquent vapidity. Shun double-entendres, prurient jocosity, and pestiferous profanity, obscurant or apparent!!
** ** In other words, talk plainly, briefly, naturally, sensibly, truthfully, purely. Keep from slang; don't put on airs; say what you mean; mean what you say. And, don't use big words!"
-
[I don't know the URL of this...I have to ask my brother because he's the one who sent it to me. It might even be on his blog.]
-
My nana ends every meal by exclaiming:
"I have masticated sufficiently, any more would be superfluous!"
You see the source of my fetish...

No comments: