02 August, 2006

pretty clouds



When I saw this, I thought that it was just a really cool picture.
It was on my Yahoo! page and it made me go "oooooohhhhh!"
It was taken in Antarctica by Australian scientists. This is a rare cloud formation.
Anyhow, if you want to see the full picture, story, and photo credits, click
here.

-
The link above didn't work on my computer - but it doesn't always work, so the story is below. But still, to see the picture full-size and to see lots of other great pictures, try the link.
From Yahoo!:
AFP/Australian Antarctic Division/File - Tue Aug 1, 5:48 AM ET
A rare and spectacular nacreous cloud (top) appears high in the stratosphere some 20km above Australia's Mawson station in Antartica, July 2006. Australian scientists have said they were studying what rare iridescent clouds over Antarctica can reveal about global climate change.(AFP/Australian Antarctic Division/File
)
-
Have a great day!

No comments: